1. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
4. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.