1. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
2. Online shopping is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always top-notch and up to date. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers along with other shady types who attempt to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.