1. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
2. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Call the web company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.