1. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your cash.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
3. Look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name from the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.