1. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make certain you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only accountable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.
2. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out reduced prices for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
3. Shop around while shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.