1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
3. Although it might appear tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are available to be shipped to you.