1. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Shop around when shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.