1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Be wary of any emails you get, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.