1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
3. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!