1. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always high quality and updated. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers and other shady types who attempt to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as a seller.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.