1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before you start your online shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
5. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.