1. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
2. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.