1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
2. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.