1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make certain you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.