1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reductions for various things and you can find them by performing a simple search. Just enter the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
5. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.