1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are deciding on a site to shop from. Should you don't feel at ease providing the company with your bank card information, try to find another site. Try to find a web site that offers a good page when you're adding your credit card information.
3. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. If you are planning to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.