1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply look up at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be around the safe side.
3. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.