1. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider obtaining a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.