1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out discounts for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
4. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by a couple of days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.