1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the key site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. If a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
5. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to find out if other customers had a good experience with them. Additionally it is a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.