1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.