1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. If a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.