1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. Before you start your web shopping, ensure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.