1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers had a good knowledge of them. It is additionally a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.