1. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
5. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.