1. Find out the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your cash.
3. While shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.