1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.