1. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.