1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about this. The internet may be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the client service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
4. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.