1. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
2. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.