1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. When you shop online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.