1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a much better deal somewhere else.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.