1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
5. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money with a company that fails to provide.