1. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Find out the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.