1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
4. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always high quality and up to date. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers and other shady types who make an effort to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.