1. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. While shopping online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. When a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. If you are going to be doing some online shopping, make sure you comprehend the liability for each and every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card in the event the number is stolen.