1. Be wary for any emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a website other than the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.
2. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all of this information to determine if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, and your area prior to placing an order.
3. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.