1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. If you're concerned with whether a shopping website is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet may be a great way to discover other people's experiences with various sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the client service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
4. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.