1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
2. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are quicker to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.