1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
2. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a discount code.