1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Always look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.