1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
2. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.