1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's visiting you fairly!
3. If you are going to get doing some shopping online, make sure you be aware of the liability for each and every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your card when the number is stolen.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.