1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
3. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be in the safe side.
4. When shopping online, be certain the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. When a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you the most money.