1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
5. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.