1. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
2. Before you start your web shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you ought to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.