1. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is best to go through another store.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can find them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
5. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.