1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
3. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use just for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.