1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of satisfaction.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.