1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you opt for the first sale you see, there exists a chance you are going to miss out on an improved deal elsewhere.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.