1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.