1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
4. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.